Phantasy Star Portable Tops Charts, Wrecks Lives
By Joseph Luster
Japanese gamers are eating up Sega's latest on-the-go offering in the PS
series, Phantasy Star Portable
, beating out the week in software sales according to Media Create's most recent chart. This shouldn't be too surprising, especially considering the rabid hold portable hits like the Monster Hunter
series have had over the masses in Japan. Great news for Sega either way!
The life wrecking portion is purely speculative on my part, due wholly to the way 2001's Phantasy Star Online sucked my time away on Dreamcast. I can just imagine how potent its powers would be when unleashed from the chains of the console world, even if I wasn't particularly grabbed by Phantasy Star Universe on 360. It should be interesting to see how long PSP (see what they did there?) fends off others on the chart, including all the heavy hitting IVs and Vs that are just as hungry to reach the number one spot.
01. Phantasy Star Portable (PSP) - 342,000 / NEW
02. Rhythm Heaven Gold (DS) - 213,000 / NEW
03. Dragon Quest V: Tenkuu No Hanayome (DS) 112,000 / 946,000
04. Soulcalibur IV (PS3) - 75,000 / NEW
05. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 15 (PS2) - 37,000 / 121,000
06. Soulcalibur IV (360) - 35,000 / NEW
07. Fatal Frame IV (Wii) - 33,000 / NEW
08. Wii Fit (Wii) - 32,000 / 2,442,000
09. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) - 23,000 / 1,633,000
10. Gundam Battle Universe (PSP) - 21,000 / 201,000
(Comments may take an extra minute to load. We are working to fix this, sorry!)
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno Review
A rare sequel that improves on the original
Otaku USA e-News Flashback 2012: Your faithful editor and film reviewer pops out of a theater in Tokyo's Roppongi neighborhood and heads to a caf...