If you’ve been following our Japan coverage long enough, you know when a big new anime film comes out, there’s no consumer product they won’t team up with to promote the thing.
This time around, the collaboration is between High☆Speed! – Free! Starting Days, the upcoming Free! prequel film, and Heart Up, a manufacturer of contact lenses.
No, unfortunately, these aren’t special contact lenses that make you look like Haruka, Makoto and crew (honestly, you shouldn’t wear contacts underwater anyway). But Free! fans who buy Heart Up lenses will receive points they can put toward limited items like posters, water bottles and tickets to the film. Some stores in Japan will also give away clear files to the first 600 customers to spend at least ¥1,000.
We imagine a lot of Free! fans will be High☆Speeding over to Heart Up when the promotion starts October 1.
– Sword Art Online Glasses Frames Released
– Free! Prequel Anime Film Dips in with a Teaser
– Eyewear Company Releases K-On! Fashion Glasses
– Meganebu Is Like Free! For People Who Wear Glasses
– Free! Prequel Film Announced