Blade of the Immortal author Hiroaki Samura is about to have another one of his works adapted into an anime. Next up is Nami yo Kiitekure, AKA Wave, Listen to Me!, which has its TV anime lined up for an April 2020 premiere in Japan.
Along with the timing comes a new promo and news on the cast and staff, the latter of which is led by Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry director Tatsuma Minamikawa at the helm. Shoji Yonemura (Karakuri Circus) is on series composition, with Takumi Yokota (Mitsuboshi Colors) handling character designs for the Sunrise production.
The series follows Minare Koda, who works at curry shop VOYAGER in Sapporo-city, Hokkaido, and one day hears her own voice on the radio. It turns out her story about a lost love was secretly recorded by local MRS radio station director Kanetsugu Matou the day prior and then played on the radio without her permission. When she goes to MRS to stop the broadcast, Matou instead convinces her to perform an ad-lib, after which she lands her own special midnight program.
Here’s who’s in the cast so far:
- Minare Koda: Riho Sugiyama
- Kanetsugu Matou: Shinshu Fuji
- Maizuho Namba: Manaka Ishimi
- Katsumi Kureko: Kazuhiro Yamaji
- Madoka Chishiro: Sayaka Ohara
- Ryusuke Koumoto: Kairo Ishikawa
- Chuya Nakahara: Masaaki Yano
- Makie Tachibana: Mamiko Noto
- Yoshiki Takarada: Bin Shimada
- Mistuoa Suga: Daisuke Namikawa